- A grant has been approved to St. John the Divine Episcopal Church to be used toward the support of a statewide conference, which will provide information and support to faith-based communities in their struggle to assist families exposed to family violence.
- Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare-All Saints Foundation received a grant to be used toward the support of Little Saints Child Care Center project (Building our Future), by relocating Little Saints onto the Spring Street campus.
- A request for a grant from Grassroots of Southeastern WI, Inc. has been approved to support their efforts to educate the community about HIV/AIDS. The funds are to be used toward training sessions for presenters, a laptop computer, software and a projector.
- A grant has been approved to Leadership Racine to be used toward recruiting potential leaders and help prepare them for positions of public influence and decision making for Racine.
- Racine Youth Sports (RYS) has been approved for a grant to be used toward a family basketball tournament in Downtown Racine on August 21-22.
- A grant to Friends of Camp Anokijig, Inc. has been approved, which will provide scholarships to be used toward the camping experience for children who would otherwise not experience the joy of camping due to their family’s lack of financial means.
- Southern Lakes Area Love, Inc. received a grant to be used toward maintaining the meal and pantry program.
- A grant has been to Women’s Resource Center of Racine, Inc. to be used toward the implementing of the Safe Alert Project.
- Kilties Drum and Bugle Corps, Inc. received a grant to be used toward replacing current drums and accessories with Yamaha drums and accessories.
- A request for a grant from University of Wisconsin has been approved to be used toward matching funds for their Strengthening Communities Fund (SCF) grant projects called CAN Works.
- A grant was made to Catholic Central High School to be used toward the expansion of the chemistry laboratory.
- A request for a grant from Racine Symphony Orchestra has been approved to be used toward the 2010-11 season and educational outreach programs (5th grade concerts, Young Artist Competition, High School Side-by-Side and an Artist-in-Residence.)
- Racine Community Outpost received a grant to be used to facilitate the transition from a single-family house to establishing a new community policing office and programming that will be provided there.
The Racine Community Foundation, Inc. is a publicly supported, tax-exempt charitable organization formed in 1975. “The mission of the Racine Community Foundation is to encourage and provide opportunities for charitable giving, to manage and distribute the funds in a responsible manner and to enhance the quality of life for the people of Racine County.”
Information about the Foundation and the grant application procedure are available by contacting the Foundation at (262) 632-8474 or it’s Website at www.racinecf.org.